5- and 6-year old participants play in the Tee Ball age group in the Junior Division. The Tee Ball age group is designed to introduce players to the game in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Players will be taught the basic fundamentals of the game, good sportsmanship and teamwork as they go through this program.
BMBL offers Tee Ball rec teams in the Spring Season. These teams compete against other Tee Ball rec teams in the BMBL, so travel is limited to fields located within the area of the Boyertown School District. The Tee Ball season begins at the end of March and concludes in the first weekend in June.
BMBL follows the age cutoffs defined by Cal Ripken Baseball for all teams in the Junior Division. In order to qualify for the Tee Ball age group in the Spring Season, the player must be 5 or 6 years old on April 30th of the year in which they compete.
Tee Ball Rules and Regulations
Goals for Tee Ball:
5-YEAR-OLD TEE BALL PLAYERS:
- Run the bases in correct order (1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base and home).
- Throw the ball with their correct hand.
- Bat from the correct side and hit the ball off the tee most times.
- Remember to not throw the bat.
- Recognize that they are part of a team.
6-YEAR-OLD TEE BALL PLAYERS:
- Name and recognize all the positions on the field.
- Use their glove correctly to stop a ball and to catch a ball.
- Have a general knowledge of what to do with the ball when fielded.
- Throw with accuracy to another player.
- Be able to catch a thrown ball most of the time.
- Swing level and hit the ball off the tee.
- Understand what it means to “make an out”.