Prior to the start of the game, your team's lineup and your opponent's roster and lineup need to be setup. It's least stressful to do as many of these items as you can before you get to the field, but sometimes at-field setup is necessary. This section describes multiple options to complete pre-game setup.
Pre-creating your team's lineup
Prior to the game, a team admin can create a default lineup for the team. This lineup can be created or edited using the GC website or through the app. The website also includes a Print option to print paper copies of the lineup to give to your opponent and the umpire.
Importing your opponent's roster
GameChanger allows you to import the team roster from other GC teams. This feature is extremely helpful and highly recommended.
When you first add the game to the schedule, you can enter the opponent's GC team name and GC will automatically import the roster. Note:The roster import feature is only available in the app, not the website. If you don't know your opponent's GC team name or if you are using the website to create your team's initial schedule, don't worry, you'll be able to change the team name later and still import the roster.
For cases where you learn the GC team name after you've already added the game to the schedule, follow these steps to change the opponent's name and import their roster:
- Before you choose "Score Game", find out your opponent's GameChanger team name
- In the GameChanger app (does not work on the web), select the game from the schedule, then select "Edit Info"
- Delete the previous opponent name and enter the actual GameChanger team name. GameChanger should find it (you will need an internet connection for this step)
- Selecting the suggested team name will bring their roster into the game but not their lineup
Manually entering a lineup
As described at the top of this section, you can pre-create a lineup for your team. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this for your opponent's lineup. Follow these steps to enter your opponent's lineup or your lineup, if it was not pre-created:
- Select the game from the schedule and choose "Score Game"
- Choose "Add from Bench" if you have already entered or imported the roster or "Create Player" if you have not yet entered the roster
- You'll want to select/create players in the order that they are in the lineup. You can also optionally identify a fielding position for each player.
- When you are finished entering the lineup, choose "Done"
- If you got the player order wrong, don't worry - you can drag players up or down in the lineup (either on the main scorekeeping screen on a tablet or on the "My Team" or "Opponent" tabs on a phone
Return to top